Abruzzo ๑ Italy ๑ travel ๑ map ๑ info ๑ what to see in ๑ how to go to ๑ opening hours ๑ address ๑ advices ๑ curiosity ๑ recipes ๑ accommodation ๑ photos
- Region: Abruzzo
- Region Center: L'Aquila
- Zona: Central Italy, on the Adriatic Sea
- Provinces: 4 - L'Aquila, Chieti, Pescara, Teramo
- Municipalities: 305
- Surface: 10 753 km ²
- Population: 1 342 975 (by 28/02/2011)
What to see in Abruzzo?
Choice the places to see in Abruzzo here or from the menu on the left:
How to go to Abruzzo?
Abruzzo is very easy reachable by Airplane, Train, Bus, Car, Ship or Boat.
The nearest international airports are situated in Rome (Fiumicino Airport and Ciampino Airport), Ancona Falconara and Rimini Federico Fellini. There is also a small international airport (Abruzzo International Airport) in Pescara. The Abruzzo International Airport is served by low cost airlines with low fare flights from and to London, Barcelona and Frankfurt.
You can go to Pescara from Ancona or Rimini by Train.
For more information visit the Italian Railway web site.
There are 3 main highways that connect Abruzzo with the rest of Italy:
- A14 a Coastal Road that runs from Bologna in the North, to Bari in the South, and passes through each of Abruzzo′s coastal provinces.
- A24 from Rome through to Teramo via L′Aquila.
- A25 from Rome to Pescara.
For more information take a look at the main city you would like to visit.
Accommodation, Hotels, Rooms, Bed and Breakfast, Agritourism and More
- Cannot find your place? - It is Easy - Check on the Banner links on TravelMapItaly!
- Wanna be Our Sponsor or Recommend Your Accommodations? - Simply Contact TravelMapItaly.
Map of Abruzzo